Photography - Level I (Certificate N0631)
This multi-level certificate program is designed to prepare students for employment in the field of photography. The Photography Level I offers the core skills necessary for employment as an entry-level Photography Assistant.
|Course Prefix||Course Name||Units|
|PHOT 9||Digital Image Editing for Photographers||3|
|PHOT 10||Basic Digital and Film Photography||3|
|PHOT 11A||Intermediate Photography||3|
|PHOT 11B||Digital Capture Workflow||3|
|PHOT 14||Commercial Lighting||3|
|PHOT 20||Color Photography||3|
|Choose one from the following:||3|
|Fashion and Editorial Portrait Photography|
|Portraiture and Wedding Photography|
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- know core skills of standard shutter speeds, creative use of shutter, standard apertures, and creative use of aperture.
- use critical thinking skills and be able to analyze and assess photographic situations, solve technical problems, and overcome creative challenges as they arise in the production of high quality still and motion imagery for professional, editorial, commercial, or fine art applications.
- design and construct still and motion imagery that can communicate ideas or narratives effectively for commercial, editorial, or fine art purposes.
- have the knowledge and skills pertinent to the operation of a freelance photography business and sound business practices in the trade.
- usefully participate in the collaborative environment of commercial art fields.
- analyze, discuss, and critique the various technical, aesthetic, conceptual, historical, and cultural aspects of a photograph.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.