Health Careers Resource Center (HCRC)
The mission of the Health Careers Resource Center is to support all healthcare students with their educational goals by providing a positive learning environment and by reinforcing the acquisition of psychomotor skills. The HCRC actively supports equal opportunity, open access, and high academic standards.
The HCRC provides a state-of-the-art learning lab environment for Mt. SAC credit and non-credit health careers students to assist in:
- developing new health related skills and knowledge
- updating prior or current activities
- participating in simulated clinical activities
HCRC available services include:
- RN assistance in clinical skills practice and performance evaluation
- Medical and hospital equipment, supplies, manikins, simulators, training aids for hands-on demonstrations
- Health Skills Performance Update/Evaluation
- Clinical simulations for Med-Surg, Psych, OB, Peds, Perioperative, Critical Care
- METI/CAE Adult, Child, and Infant Human Patient Simulators and Birthing Simulator
HCRC Registration and Check-In
Registration is open to Mt. SAC students enrolled in credit or non-credit health careers programs. You may register by visiting the HCRC for a registration card and course registration number. Then submit registration card to the Continuing Education Division in Building 40, Room 101. Once you are registered, you must present a current Mt. SAC Student ID card and sign in on each visit in order to check in and use the facilities.
Health Program Application
Students interested in the Psychiatric Technician, Radiologic Technology, or Respiratory Therapy credit programs may inquire about these at the HCRC.