Admission and Registration


Any person who is 18 years old and not currently enrolled in High School or any person possessing a high school diploma or its equivalent is eligible for admission to Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC). To gain admission to Mt. SAC prospective students must file an application for admission and submit transcripts from all high schools or college(s) they previously attended. It is the student’s responsibility to request official transcripts from the last high school attended and any college(s) attended. Transcripts will be reviewed to determine eligibility for courses at Mt. SAC.

Application to the College

All inquiries regarding credit admission to the college should be directed to the Admissions and Records Office. Filing a college application is required for admission to Mt. SAC.

Applications to take credit courses are submitted online. To access the online application, visit the Mt. SAC Admissions website and click on Apply Now button. 

Application assistance is offered through the Admissions and Records Office (Student Services Building 9B 1st Floor) in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Sign Language. Information is also available in alternative formats (Braille, enlarged text, e-text, etc.).

Concurrent Enrollment

Concurrent Enrollment allows high school students to take high school courses and college credit courses at the same time. We offer two concurrent enrollment programs, Dual Enrollment and Special Admit.

Special Admits (K-12th Grade)
The Special Admit Program is designed for high school sophomores (10th grade), juniors (11th grade), and seniors (12th grade) who would benefit from enrolling in advanced scholastic or vocational work at Mt. SAC. Students must submit a college application and a special admit application each term.

Students must meet the following criteria to participate in the Special Admit Program:

  1. Be recommended by their high school's principal or counselor;
  2. Be approved to participate by a guardian;
    A Guardian Approval Form allowing the student to participate in the Special Admit Program must be submitted as part of the application process. A guardian must acknowledge that their student will be instructed in an adult environment and that the student will be expected to adhere to all college polices, rules, and regulations.
  3. Have a 3.0 cumulative high school grade point average or higher and enroll in a degree appropriate course, or a 2.0 or higher GPA for a vocational course;
  4. Meet all course prerequisites and/or co-requisites.

Visit the Special Admit website for more information and to access the Special Admit application packet.

Students who were previously enrolled and dropped their courses and/or did not make satisfactory progress may not be allowed to continue with their participation in the Special Admit Program.

Highly-gifted students enrolled in K-9th grade may be considered for limited enrollment. To participate, students must meet all of the same criteria required for 10th, 11th, and 12th grade Special Admit students.

All high school students will be required to attend a Special Admit orientation prior to registering for a Mt. SAC Course.

College credit will be earned as a result of taking courses at Mt. SAC and grades for those courses will become part of the student’s permanent college record. High school credit may be possible at the discretion of the receiving high school. Students are advised to contact their high school counselor about receiving high school credit.

Only college-level courses may be taken as part of the Special Admit Program. Students needing to make up a high school deficiency can apply to participate in the High School Referral Program. For more information, contact the Continuing Education Center at (909) 274-4937 or visit High School Referral Program. Students who intend to continue enrollment at Mt. SAC after high school will have to reapply to Mt. SAC and may need to change their status with the Office of Admissions and Records.

Dual Enrollment (10th, 11th, and 12th grade)
The Dual Enrollment Program provides high school sophomores (10th grade), juniors (11th grade), and seniors (12th grade) the opportunity to take college-level courses at a Mt. SAC partnering high school campus. Students must submit a college application and a dual enrollment application.

Students must meet the following criteria to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program:

  1. Attending one of the partnering high school campuses;
  2. Seek guidance and approval from partnering high school liaison;
  3. Complete Dual Enrollment packet;
    Guardian approval allowing the student to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program. Guardian must acknowledge that their student will be instructed in an adult environment and that student will be expected to adhere to all college policies, rules, and regulations.
  4. Meet all course prerequisites and/or co-requisites.

Dual Enrollment applications and enrollment steps can be obtained by going to the Dual Enrollment website (

All Dual Enrollment students and guardians are provided with program orientation to provide them with regulations and expectations of being a Mt. SAC student.

College credit will be earned as a result of taking a dual enrollment course at their partnering high school. Grades for those courses will become part of the student's permanent college record. High school credit will be determined at the discretion of the receiving high school. 

Dual Enrollment offers courses that are part of a pathway, college-level academics, and/or Career and Technical Education (CTE).

Students will work with their high school to become a student in the Dual Enrollment Program. Visit the Dual Enrollment website ( for more information.

Evaluation of Other College Coursework

Mt. San Antonio College reserves the right to evaluate work completed at other regionally accredited colleges and universities. Transfer students with acceptable grades will be granted advanced standing insofar as the work corresponds with the curriculum of this institution or the lower-division work offered in regionally accredited colleges or universities. Each applicant should file with Admissions and Records an official transcript of their records from all colleges and universities previously attended. For information regarding military credit, see Section 3 in this Catalog.

It is the student’s responsibility to request the evaluation of official transcripts from other colleges. Students will need to request an evaluation upon submission of their graduation petition. This may be accomplished by submitting a completed “Evaluation Request” form at Admissions and Records.

Students planning to use courses taken at other colleges for placement in Mt. San Antonio College courses who did not have transcripts sent to Admissions and Records Office must bring official copies of their transcripts to the Admissions and Records Office to be reviewed prior to placement being granted. 

Transcripts submitted for admission become the property of Mt. San Antonio College and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to other institutions.

Acceptance of Domestic Coursework from Accredited Colleges & Universities in the U.S.

The College will accept “degree appropriate” or “baccalaureate” level courses from regionally accredited colleges and universities in the United States. These course units will, at a minimum, be granted “elective credit” status.

To determine General Education and/or Associate Degree equivalency and for granting of unit credit, the course must be easily identifiable as the equivalent course taught at Mt. San Antonio College by a commonly used course prefix, title, and description. To be verified, sufficient information, including prerequisite information, must be available from the regionally accredited college/university to substantiate granting course equivalency and course credit. The College reserves the right to deny acceptance of any course for the purpose of General Education, Associate Degree graduation requirements, or subject requirements. If denied, the student may petition for an in-depth evaluation but will be required to provide official course information from the institution of record or from the college/university catalog.

To determine “subject” requirements for an established vocational program, the course must be evaluated by a representative from the respective academic department in which the major resides. If the course is determined acceptable as a substitution for a required course in the program, the department representative will complete a “variance” form verifying this acceptance and send the complete the paperwork to the Admissions and Records Office.

Acceptance of International Coursework from Accredited Colleges & Universities outside the U.S.

Mt. San Antonio College may accept for equivalence, general education, and courses that meet other local graduation requirements, that have been successfully completed at institutions of higher education outside the United States from international college and universities where the primary language of instruction is other than English, provided substantial documentation exists for the equivalences to be determined. The exceptions to this are courses to meet Area A: Communications in the English language and the Reading Competency requirement. These requirements must be fulfilled at a regionally accredited institution of higher education within the United States.

Students completing coursework at international higher education institutions in which English was the language of instruction may submit a petition for special review to the Admission and Records Office to determine the equivalence of coursework in Area A and the Reading Competency. Mathematics course credit will only be granted for coursework completed at the level of Intermediate Algebra or higher.

Official Transcripts must be accompanied by evaluation documents provided by an approved credential evaluation agency. A listing of local credential evaluation agencies is available at the Admissions and Records Office. 

Articulation with High Schools, ROPs, and Adult Schools

Articulation Agreements with secondary schools (High Schools, Regional Occupational Programs, and Adult Education) are established annually during the fall and are valid for the current school year. Articulation is a faculty driven process that rewards student achievement in the Career Technical Education courses taken at the secondary level. Credit by exam is the method used to award credit for students. 

Students participating in these agreements must meet an exam requirement as stated in California Code of Regulations, Title 5. Students that successfully meet the exam requirement and supply the correct paperwork will be awarded a grade and units of credit. The credits will appear with a notation of “by exam” on a Mt. SAC transcript in the semester closest to the completion of their secondary course.

Articulation with secondary programs is a time sensitive process. Secondary students must complete the required paperwork and pass required exams at the completion of their secondary course. If a course sequence is required at the secondary level, the student must request the units at the completion of the course sequence. The required paperwork must be submitted by the instructor of record on the Articulation Agreement within two months of course or sequence completion. Students may not seek college units retroactively.

Required paperwork includes:

  • Student Articulation Request Form
  • High School Transcript, or
  • ROP/Adult Education Certificate of Completion

Enrollment information and instructions are provided by participating secondary instructors. Secondary instructors submit all required paperwork to the Career Pathways Articulation office at Mt. San Antonio College. Articulation forms will be accepted from authorized secondary instructors only.

College credit issued by ROP and/or Adult Education centers will be accepted if the issuing program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) or the Senior College Commission, under the auspices of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).

For more information on High Schools, ROPs, and Adult Schools, please contact the Career Pathways Articulation Office at (909) 274-5252.


Registration for classes is conducted online via the web by logging into the student portal account. Students who enrolled in the previous semester or intersession preceding the enrollment term are eligible to register for classes. Students may check their date and time to register by logging into the student portal account.

Schedule of Classes

The Mt. SAC Schedule of Classes, which indicates intended course offerings and teaching assignments for credit, noncredit, and continuing education courses, is available on the Mt. SAC website at schedule of classes. The College reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, or combine classes and to change professors where such action is deemed necessary.

Enrollment Fees and Expenses

The Enrollment Fee is $46 per unit. Students who qualify for the California College Promise Grant are not required to pay this fee. Additional fees include the Student Health Fee, Student Representation Fee, Student Transportation Fee, Student Activities Fee, and Parking Permit Fee.  In addition, Non-Resident and International Students pay a Tuition Fee.  Additional information regarding these fees is provided below. Fees are subject to change. Financial aid, scholarships, and the California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver may be available to assist with fee payment. Please consult the Schedule of Classes online for current fees and related information (BP 5030, AP 5030).

Students are responsible for purchase of their own textbooks and supplies. Costs for books and supplies for full-time students may average $300-$600 per semester depending on the program of study selected.

Non-Resident and International Student Tuition

Out-of-state Tuition Fees are $311 per unit and are required of all students who have not established residency in the state of California for a period of one year prior to the day before classes begin. International Student Tuition Fees are $311 per unit and are required of all nonresident international students attending Mt. SAC on an F-1 Visa. Contact Admissions & Records at (909) 274-4415 with residency questions.

Student Health Fee

The Student Health Fee is required of all credit students. The fee is $23 for Fall and Spring semesters and $20 for Winter and Summer intersessions. Students who qualify for the California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver pay a reduced fee of $17 per semester and $15 per intersession. Pursuant to Section 76355 of the Education Code, Mt. SAC has a process by which students may request to waive the Student Health Fee. To qualify for a waiver, students must provide documentation of active membership in a religious organization that relies exclusively upon prayer for healing. Students need to submit the documentation from their religious organization and the Health Services Fee Waiver request form to the Student Health Center (67B). The Health Services Fee Waiver request form is available on the Health Services web page. The form will only be accepted for the first two weeks of the semester and the first week of the intersession.

Student Representation Fee

The purpose of the Student Representation Fee is to provide Mt. SAC students the means to state their positions and viewpoints before city, county, district, and state government agencies. The $2.00 fee is collected for the Fall and Spring semesters. A student may choose not to pay the Student Representation Fee for political, religious, financial, or moral reasons. If a student chooses to opt-out of paying the fee for the stated reasons, the student must contact the Cashier's Office. Refunds for the Student Representation Fee will only be approved for the first two weeks of the semester. For more information or concerns regarding the Student Representation Fee, please contact the Student Life Office or Associated Students.

Student Transportation Fee

Effective Summer 2015, a mandatory transportation fee for the Foothill Transit Class Pass Program will be charged to full and part-time students. California Education Code Section 76361 authorizes the governing board to require students to pay a fee for the purposes of partially or fully recovering transportation costs incurred by Mt. SAC. The Student Transportation Fee is $8 for part-time students and $9 for full-time students. The fee is collected for the Fall and Spring semesters only and provides students a free bus pass for the semesters the fee is paid.

Student Activities Fee

The Student Activities Fee is an $15 fee collected every Fall and Spring semesters to provide numerous Student Life and Associated Student programs and services on campus including book scholarships, cultural programs, scholarships, social activities, and discounted tickets sold at the SacBookRac. To waive this fee the student must email the Cashier's Office at Refunds for the Student Activity Fee will only be approved for the first two weeks of the semester. For more information or concerns regarding the Student Activities Fee, please contact the Student Life Office or Associated Students.

Parking Permit 

Students wishing to park in the student parking lots are required to have a valid Student Parking Permit. Student Parking Permits are available for purchase online through the student portal (line #31) or at the Cashier's Office. If you need to replace a Parking Permit, fees do apply.

Refund of Fees

To be eligible for a refund, students must drop their classes by the refund deadline for that class. The deadlines can be found on the Student's Schedule Receipt (Student Tab, link #11). If the student’s class has been officially dropped, or cancelled by the College, the student will receive a refund. Please see the current Schedule of Classes for refund information.

  • Military Refund: In the case of students who are members of an active or reserve military unit and who receive orders compelling a withdrawal from courses, the College shall, upon petition by the affected student, refund the parking fee, health fee, student activities fee, entire enrollment fee and non-resident tuition fee unless academic credit is awarded.

Cancelled Classes

Classes may be cancelled at the discretion of the College. Students enrolled in such a class will be permitted to enroll in other open classes. Students who have a class or classes cancelled by the College because of low enrollment and have paid their fees for those classes will receive a refund.

Student Obligations

Mt. San Antonio College will withhold grades, diplomas, and registration privileges, or any combination thereof, from any student or former student who fails to pay a valid financial obligation to the College (e.g., returned check, unpaid enrollment fees, unpaid loan, equipment breakage, etc.). The hold shall be released when the student satisfactorily meets the financial obligation. When an outstanding financial obligation owed to the College is sent to our collection agencies, Chancellor’s Office Tax Offset Program, the collection cost incurred will be added to the original amount owed.

There is a processing fee of $25 for returned checks or stop payment of checks.

Any student having a disciplinary hold with the Student Life Office will not be allowed to view grades, register or drop for classes, verify enrollment, or petition for graduation until the hold is satisfied. (BP 5035, AP 5035)

Residency Guidelines

This statement is a general summary of the principal rules of residency and their exceptions and should not be construed as the actual expression of the laws used by the Mt. San Antonio College Admissions Officer for residency determination. Reference should be made to Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 68000) of Part 41 of Division 5 of the California Education Code, regulations of the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges in Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 54000) of Division 6 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations, and the regulations and guidelines available in the Admissions and Records Office. Students wishing to change their residency must submit a Residency Reclassification form to the Admissions & Records Office prior to the deadline listed in the Schedule of Classes.

Residence Classification

Each person enrolled in or applying for admission to Mt. San Antonio College will, for purposes of admission and/or tuition, be classified as a “resident,” or a “nonresident.”

  1. Resident: A “resident” is a person who is eligible to establish California residency for tuition purposes or who has resided within California for at least one year and who has established a legal residence in California prior to the residency determination date.
  2. Nonresident: A “nonresident” student is one who has not resided in the State for more than one year prior to the residency determination date and who has not established legal residence or who is not eligible to establish California residency for tuition purposes.

Criteria for Determination of Legal Residence

To determine a person’s place of residence, reference is made to the following:

  1. Every person has, by law, a residence.
  2. Every person who is married or 18 years of age or older, and under no legal disability to do so, may establish residence.
  3. In determining the place of residence, the following rules are to be observed:
    1. There can be only one residence.
    2. A residence is the place where one remains when not called elsewhere for labor or other special or temporary purposes, and to which that person returns in seasons of repose.
    3. A residence cannot be lost until another is gained.
    4. The residence can be established and/or changed only by the union of act and intent.
    5. A man or a woman may establish his or her residence. Thus, it is possible that a woman who is married to, and living with, her husband may have a residence separate from his. A woman’s residence shall not be derivative from that of her husband.
    6. The residence of the parent with whom an unmarried minor child maintains his/her place of abode is the residence of the unmarried minor child. When the minor lives with neither parent, his or her residence is that of the parent with whom he/she maintained his or her last place of abode; however, the minor may establish his or her own residence provided both parents are deceased and a legal guardian has not been appointed.
    7. The residence of an unmarried minor who has a living parent cannot be changed by his or her own act, by the appointment of a legal guardian, or by relinquishment of a parent’s right of control, unless the student qualifies for the self-supporting exception.

Burden of Proof

The burden of proof is on the student to clearly demonstrate both physical presence in California and intent to establish California residence.

Residence Classification Appeal

Any student, following a final decision on residency classification by the Admissions and Records Office, may make a written appeal to the Appeals Committee of Mt. San Antonio College within 30 calendar days of notification of final decision regarding classification.

Admission of International Students

Mt. San Antonio College encourages applications from students holding or attempting to obtain the F-1 Visa. The following items are required from international applicants:

  • Mt. San Antonio OpenCCC Application
  • F-1 International Student Application: Access the F-1 International Student Application through your Student Portal. Upload all of your required documents via the F-1 International Student Application.  
  • $50 USD Application Fee (non-refundable): The application fee is non-refundable and must be paid in U.S. currency (credit card, check or money order).  Please make check payable to “Mt. San Antonio College.”  Personal checks must have the account holder’s name and address pre-printed on them. To pay by credit, log into your student portal and select "Application Fee."
  • Confidential Financial Support: Current proof of funding must be in the form of a bank letter or bank statement with official signature/seal. All bank verifications should indicate U.S. currency and be dated within six months of the term start date.
  • TB (tuberculosis) test required at the time of acceptance.

If English is not the official government language of your home country you will be required to show proof of English proficiency to apply. Submit ONE of the following methods of proof:

  • TOEFL: (minimum score of 133 on the computer-based test, or 450 on the paper-based test, or 45 on the Internet-based Test). Information regarding TOEFL may be obtained at  If you are mailing your score report directly, our institution code is “4494.”
  • IELTS: (overall band score of 4.5 or higher). Information regarding IELTS may be obtained at
  • High School English Verification Letter: If you have attended an American High School either on foreign soil or in the U.S. for at least three years provide an Official Letter from Principal or Head master stating level of proficiency.
  • Proof of completion of an acceptable ESL Level:

Transferring into Mt. San Antonio College 
The following items are required for current F-1 Visa students transferring into Mt. SAC:

  • Copy of I-20
  • Copy of I-94
  • Transfer form
  • F-1 Visa 

The deadlines to apply for the school year are as follows:

  Application Deadline Classes Begin
Summer Intersession April 30 End of June
Fall Semester June 15 End of August
Spring Semester November 15 End of February

F-1 Visa students can obtain all application materials from our College Website (International Students). TOEFL scores, IELTS scores, admission applications (both college and International Student Application), and all supporting materials must be received on or before the term deadlines listed above. Applications received after the deadline will be considered for the following semester. The application fee must accompany the admission application. (AP 5010)

Print Options