This certificate program is intended to prepare students for employment as high school (walk-on) coaches, but is appropriate for coaches at various levels.
|Course Prefix||Course Name||Units|
|KIN 13||Sports Officiating||3|
|KIN 34||Fitness for Living||3|
|KIN 44||Theory of Coaching||3|
|KIN 81||Work Experience for Coaching||2|
Exit Requirement: First Aid and CPR Certification
Kinesiology, Athletics, and Dance Website
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- Develop and apply their coaching philosophy.
- Create practice plans using the 5 components of fitness.
- Communicate and apply their knowledge and understanding of the "rules of game" in their chosen sport.
- Create full season training curriculum using short and long-term goal setting.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and interpersonal skills with their athletes, parents, other coaches and co-workers, officials, community members and the media.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.