Certificate of Completion
Tutor Training certificate emphasizes tutoring strategies, learning styles, problem-solving, and best practices for working with a diverse student population.
Program Learning Outcomes
The goal of the Tutor Training Certificate is to prepare tutors to work effectively with a diverse group of learners. Tutoring strategies, learning styles, problem solving, and best practices for working with a diverse student population will be emphasized. Upon completion of the Tutor Training Certificate, students will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Identify tutor’s and tutee’s responsibilities.
- Identify adult learning theories and tutoring strategies.
- Develop various skills to promote active, independent learning.
- Develop and establish a protocol for tutoring sessions.
- Compare and contrast tutoring styles and techniques.
- Identify problematic areas for the tutor.
- Explore tutor’s role in varied settings such as one-on-one or in groups.
- Identify and address tutor's personal biases to promote an equitable learning environment based on understanding, acceptance, and respect.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.
|Course Prefix||Course Name||Units|
|Introduction to Tutoring|
|Choose one of the following courses:|
|Tutoring in English Language|
|Tutoring – Supplemental Instructor|
|Tutoring in Mathematics|
|Tutoring in Reading|