Landscape Design - Level I
Natural Sciences Division
This certificate program is designed to give students basic skills needed as a landscape designer. All courses are applicable for degrees in Ornamental Horticulture, Parks and Sports Turf Management, and Integrated Pest Management.
|Course Prefix||Course Name||Units|
|AGOR 1||Horticultural Science||3|
|AGOR 13||Landscape Design||3|
|AGOR 29||Ornamental Plants - Herbaceous||3|
|AGOR 30||Ornamental Plants - Trees and Woody Shrubs||3|
|AGOR 50||Soil Science and Management||3|
|AGOR 71||Construction Fundamentals||3|
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- evaluate a site and develop a functional design that meets client criteria
- identify and correctly use the proper tool needed for landscape projects.
- explain the binomial method of plant nomenclature.
- give a professional quality oral presentation
- evaluate the soil conditions at an existing site and make specific recommendations for the immediate and long-term correction of all problems
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.