Athletic Trainer Aide I
The Athletic Trainer Aide I Certificate provides minimal experience necessary to assist High School Athletic Trainers and Athletic Health Care Providers in the community. Students desiring a Bachelor’s Degree (transfer program) should consult with an advisor to discuss transferability of courses.
|KIN 3||First Aid and CPR||3|
|or KIN 5||Advanced First Aid/CPR/Emergency Response|
|KIN 19||Introduction to Care/Prevention of Activity/Sports -Related Injuries||3|
|KIN 34||Fitness for Living||3|
|KIN 92||Work Experience - Athletic Training||2-3|
Program Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- Identify daily tasks of operating an athletic training room, pre and post practice, and pre and post competition.
- Create athletic injury documentation in hard copy format and on computerized injury tracking systems.
- Recognize injuries and conditions to be treated that require protection of the health care provider, the patient and the health care facility.
- Apply the HOPS (History, Observation, Palpation, and Special Tests) procedure during injury evaluation, under the supervision of a certified athletic trainer.
- Provide acute and sub-acute care for athletic injuries and condition, including, but not limited to modalities, manual therapy and therapeutic exercise.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.