Building Automation, AS
Technology and Health Division
This program is designed to prepare the student for a career in the fields of Building Automation, Energy Management, and Green Building Technologies. Students desiring a bachelor’s degree (transfer program) should consult with an advisor to discuss transferability of courses.
This degree requires the completion of General Education coursework plus the following:
|AIRC 20||Refrigeration Fundamentals||4|
|AIRC 25||Electrical Fundamentals for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration||5|
|AIRC 31||Commercial Electrical for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration||4|
|AIRC 34||Advanced Mechanical Refrigeration||4|
|AIRC 61||Building Automation Fundamentals||2.5|
|AIRC 65||Building Automation Networks and Programming||3|
|AIRC 67||Energy Management||4|
|ELEC 11||Technical Applications in Microcomputers||3|
|CISW 41||XML Secure Programming||3|
|CNET 56||Computer Networks||4|
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- Identify the startup and operational sequence of a chiller plant.
- Understand the purpose and function of chiller plant economizers.
- Demonstrate the use and application of controlled devices.
- Develop programming strategies for a chiller plant.
- Evaluate the energy usage of a multi-story commercial building.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.