The Animation Program offers an integrated/interdisciplinary approach to prepare students to meet current and future job market demands. The student will be given a balanced blend of art and technology-based skills essential for today’s careers in animation. The program offers both an A.S. degree and certificates. Course content is driven by industry needs in order to provide the student with the best possible preparation for a career in animation or for transfer to an institution of higher learning. This Animation AS Degree provides expertise leading to employment opportunities as junior animators, character designers, storyboard artists, 3D modelers and game designers.
This degree requires the completion of General Education coursework plus the following:
|ANIM 100||Digital Paint and Ink||3|
|ANIM 101A||Drawing - Gesture and Figure||3|
|ANIM 108||Principles of Animation||3|
|ANIM 111A||Animal Drawing||1.5|
|ANIM 116||Character Development||1.5|
|ANIM 130||Introduction to 3D Modeling||3|
|ANIM 131||Introduction to Gaming||3|
|ANIM 148||Demo Reel||3|
|Choose one from the following:||3|
|Intermediate 3D Modeling|
|2D Game Level Design|
|Motion Graphics, Compositing and Visual Effects|
|AHIS 4||History of Western Art: Prehistoric Through Gothic||3|
|AHIS 4H||History of Western Art: Prehistoric Through Gothic - Honors||3|
|AHIS 5||History of Western Art: Renaissance Through Modern||3|
|AHIS 5H||History of Western Art: Renaissance Through Modern - Honors||3|
|ANIM 104||Drawing Fundamentals||3|
|ANIM 111B||Animal Drawing||1.5|
|ANIM 151||Game Prototype Production||3|
|ARTD 15A||Drawing: Beginning||3|
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will:
- Be able to plan, produce, collaborate on, and create 2D art and animation assets for use in games and animation productions.
- Be able to plan, produce, collaborate on, and create 3D models of objects and environments that can be used in games, and animation productions.
- Be able to plan, develop, and collaborate on storyboards for short animation and game productions.
- Be able to design, collaborate on, work with external developers and produce board games, and digital games.
- Create a portfolio demonstrating a clear understanding of selecting and organizing to present their art portfolio to animation and game studios.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.