Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC) is a public community college that offers a diversified educational program designed to prepare students for success in today’s diverse economic, professional, technical and cultural sectors. The objectives of the education program are to:
- prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate-level colleges and universities;
- increase vocational competence resulting in usable and marketable occupational skills;
- provide a general education emphasizing basic skills and appreciation of our shared scientific, technological, historical and artistic heritage;
- promote continuing education and lifelong learning;
- assist the student through guidance to know and develop his/her abilities in relation to his/her potential; and
- provide community service and adult education.
The College offers courses of study through a semester system. Each semester, fall and spring, is 16 weeks in length, while summer and winter sessions are six weeks long. Many courses are offered in an accelerated mode.