Dance Teacher Skills Certificate (Certificate E0313)
The Dance Teacher Certificate is intended to prepare students for careers as dance instructors in private dance studios, recreation centers and K-12 dance programs. Focus is on the genres of Ballet, Jazz and Modern Dance with pedagogical principles that can be applied to other dance forms. This certificate may aid the student’s search for an entry-level job in the dance teaching world.
|Course Prefix||Course Name||Units|
|DNCE 2B||Ballet II||0.5|
|DNCE 12B||Modern II||0.5|
|DNCE 14B||Jazz II||0.5|
|DNCE 24||Dance Production||1|
|DNCE 39||Pilates Fundamentals||0.5-1|
|DN-T 20||History and Appreciation of Dance||3|
|DN-T 38||Dance Teaching Methods||3|
|KIN 24||Applied Kinesiology||2|
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a students will be able to:
- Teach creative and technical dance skills using correct body alignment, muscle coordination, and dance terminology of various dance genres.
- Present a comprehensive job portfolio that includes a cover letter, resume, sample lesson plans, teaching analogies, and a reel of choreography.
- Develop an articulate, original choreographic voice by expressing themselves creatively through the production of dance composition and performance.
- Attain an intermediate level of proficiency in contemporary dance techniques.
- Acquire a broad understanding and appreciation of historical and cultural values expressed through dance.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.
Looking for guidance? A counselor can help.This Guided Pathways for Success (GPS) is a suggested sequence of coursework needed for program completion. It is not an official educational plan. Schedule an appointment with a counselor or advisor as soon as possible to create an individualized Mountie Academic Plan (MAP) specific to your goals and needs.
|DNCE 2B||Ballet II .5||0.5-1|
|DNCE 4||Choreography .5||0.5-2|
|DNCE 11A||Social Dance Forms I 1||0.5-1|
|DNCE 12B||Modern II .5||0.5-1|
|DNCE 18A||Tap I 1||0.5-1|
|DNCE 35||Repertory 2||2|
|DN-T 20||History and Appreciation of Dance 3||3|
|DN-T 38||Dance Teaching Methods 3||3|
|DNCE 14B||Jazz II .5||0.5-1|
|DNCE 24||Dance Production 1||1-2|
|DNCE 32||Commercial Dance 1||0.5-1|
|DNCE 34||Dance Directives 1||0.5-1|
|DNCE 39||Pilates Fundamentals 1||0.5-1|
|KIN 24||Applied Kinesiology 2||2|
|DNCE 33||Improvisation .5||0.5-1|
|Certificate: Dance Teacher, Skills E0313 3|
|Submit petition to Admissions Records Submit petition to Admissions Records|