Landscape Design - Level II
Natural Sciences Division
This certificate is designed to give students advanced skills in landscape design, including computer aided drafting and advanced horticultural knowledge. Landscape Design 1 Certificate requirements must be met prior to obtaining this certificate. The courses in Landscape Design II are designed to enable students to prepare for exciting careers in the essential and diverse horticulture profession. Careers in nursery management, retail garden centers, landscape design, installation and maintenance, arboretum and botanic gardens, arboriculture, interior landscaping, education, and research are just some options. This certificate is part of the comprehensive agricultural sciences program. The program is unique in that most courses provide hands-on experience and are designed to give the student a combination of practical skills and technical knowledge.
|Completion of the Landscape Design - Level I coursework||18|
|Landscape Design - Level II coursework||18|
|Landscape Design - Level I Coursework|
|AGOR 1||Horticultural Science||3|
|AGOR 13||Landscape Design||3|
|AGOR 29||Ornamental Plants - Herbaceous||3|
|AGOR 30||Ornamental Plants - Trees and Woody Shrubs||3|
|AGOR 50||Soil Science and Management||3|
|AGOR 71||Construction Fundamentals||3|
|Landscape Design - Level II Coursework|
|AGOR 14||Advanced Landscape Design||3|
|AGOR 24||Integrated Pest Management||3|
|AGOR 51||Tractor and Landscape Equipment Operations||3|
|AGOR 62||Irrigation Principles and Design||3|
|AGOR 72||Landscape Hardscape Applications||3|
|AGOR 73||Landscaping Laws, Contracting, and Estimating||3|
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- evaluate a site and develop a functional design that meets client criteria.
- identify and correctly use the proper tool needed for landscape projects.
- explain the binomial method of plant nomenclature.
- give a professional quality oral presentation.
- evaluate the soil conditions at an existing site and make specific recommendations for the immediate and long-term correction of all problems.
- make a professional landscape design presentation to a customer.
- be technically proficient at computer aided design (cad).
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.